|DEWALT 20V MAX 7-1/4-Inch Miter Saw, Tool Only, Cordless||4.8/5||More Details|
|Bosch PROFACTOR 18V SURGEON GCM18V-12GDCN Cordless 12 In. Dual-Bevel Glide Miter Saw||4.8/5||More Details|
|CRAFTSMAN V20 7-1/4-Inch Sliding Miter Saw Kit||4.7/5||More Details|
|Makita XSL05Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless||4.8/5||More Details|
A cordless miter saw is a tool that has revolutionized the way people are able to work in their garages. From cutting lumber to assembling furniture, this versatile power tool is one of the most useful tools on the market today.
In this article, we will be taking an in-depth look at 4 best cordless miter saws that have been rated best among consumers for 2021.
There are many types of saws such as circular saw, jigsaw, compound miter, and band saw. These cuttings can be done with cordless tools such as a cordless miter saw, which is the best choice for carpenters who prefer to work in small or tight spaces.
A cordless miter saw is a useful tool for people who do not have fixed power outlets in their work area. These tools also allow users to change locations and cut different material types quickly, which makes them great for carpenters, roofers, and other professions that require mobility.
The following four models are some of the best cordless miter saws on the market today!
4 Of The Best Cordless Miter Saw
1. DEWALT 20V MAX 7-1/4-Inch Miter Saw, Tool Only, Cordless
The DEWALT 20V MAX 7-1/4-Inch Miter Saw, Tool Only, Cordless is designed for making precise angles on crosscut or bevel cuts. It features an integrated cut line that allows precision cutting every time. Constructed of lightweight materials for easy transport and storage, this miter saw can handle any carpentry task with quick accuracy.
For the professional looking to reach his full potential on all fronts, there’s no better choice than the Dewalt high-performance cordless miter saw!
2) Bosch PROFACTOR 18V SURGEON GCM18V-12GDCN Cordless 12 In. Dual-Bevel Glide Miter Saw
The Bosch PROFACTOR 18V SURGEON Cordless 12 In. Dual-Bevel Glide Miter Saw offers designers and contractors an undisputed advantage with its slimline design and unrivaled performance.
The saw features a reduced cutting depth of 4.7 inches for projects that demand more agility than power and can be used as wide as 15 7/8″; typically defined by the crosscut capacity. Ideal for trim, finish, framing, and other applications, this innovative cordless miter saw is lightweight but packs big power, so you don’t have to compromise on cut quality every time you go mobile.
3) CRAFTSMAN V20 7-1/4-Inch Sliding Miter Saw Kit
Stop cutting lumber flat or short-changed with other brands. With the 3,800 RPM motor of CRAFTSMAN sliding miter saw, you can worry about nothing but cutting close to perfection. Whether you’re using it for 2X dimensional lumber, hardwoods, baseboard, and trim, this lightweight miter saw will have your cuts at 90 degrees in no time.
The 8-inch cross-cut at 90 degrees to combine 2 pieces gives you plenty of room for cuts big enough to easily cover most open space needs around the house or office. There are even additional features to choose from, like a 5 ½ inch cross-cut at 45 degrees just in case the first style option isn’t meeting all that’s needed.
4) Makita XSL05Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless
The Makita XSL05Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless has all the tools you need to power through jobs. Automatic speed change technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance while the lithium-ion battery minimizes recharging time.
The BL Brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling this tool to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life. Makita built this powerful multitasking machine tough, so it can handle any challenging task, so get one for yourself or your business today before they sell out!
Tips On How To Use Your Cordless Miter Saw Properly
Remember, tips are best to make your miter saw last long.
The tips are as follows:
- Miter saw is easy to use, but it’s not a toy. You must treat your miter saw with respect and read the owner’s manual carefully before you operate the tool.
- Make sure that there are no nails or screws on wood pieces when cutting them because this can damage your saw.
- If you feel the handles are too loose or rigid, make sure to readjust them according to your needs. You can do this by turning a screw on each handle.
- Place a miter saw on a flat and even surface for it to function properly without tipping over while cutting pieces of wood.
- When you are buying a miter saw for the first time, make sure that it is a beginner-friendly one.
- Make sure that the blade is sharp before you use your miter saw. Dull blades are dangerous because they require more effort to cut pieces of wood, which can lead to inaccuracy and mistakes.
- Allow for some space around your work area so it will be easier for you to bring in new materials when needed during cutting tasks. Empty space also helps prevent accidents.
- Miter saw should only be used by adults or teenagers who are at least 16 years old. If children use the miter saw, they must have adult supervision while doing so.
- Ensure that you wear protective gear before using your miter saw to prevent injuries when cutting pieces of wood like gloves and glasses.
- You can also use a push stick to move pieces of wood into the blade for cutting tasks, which is much safer than using your hands. This will prevent you from sustaining injuries as well when doing any miter saw task such as ripping and crosscutting.
- Store the miter saw in its proper place after it is not in use. This will prevent accidents and injuries when children play with the miter saw by mistake.
- Keep your cordless miter saw away from moisture to keep it functional for a long time. Moisture can cause rusting of parts, which reduces its overall performance as well.
- Make sure that you have the right cordless miter saw for the job you are doing. It’s best to know your needs before buying a certain tool to make it last longer.
Cordless Miter Saw FAQ’s
What is the average weight of a cordless miter saw?
The average weight of a cordless miter saw ranges from 30 to 50 pounds. It varies depending on the size and features you need for your project.
Is there an adjustable speed for this type of power tool?
Yes. Some cordless miter saw models have an adjustable speed, so you can choose the speed that is best for your task at hand.
What are some of the safety precautions to be taken when using a miter saw?
Make sure there are no nails or screws on wood pieces before cutting them. This can damage your miter saw and injure you as well.