Plumbing fixtures may be the most important part of your plumbing system. They are essential to any functioning household and can also be a lucrative business opportunity. This post will discuss how to find the best place to sell plumbing fixtures, whether it’s online or in person.
Where to Sell Plumbing Fixtures
There are many options when deciding where to sell plumbing fixtures.
1) Sell directly to a distributor.
A distributor is an entity that facilitates the sale of products between producers and end-users, purchasing goods from manufacturers or wholesalers for resale in either bulk or retail quantities at full market value.
A distributor may also be called a wholesaler, although that term has grown in use to include both wholesale distributors and retailers who merely purchase products for resale without adding further value. A plumbing fixture is an object used for the disposal or control of water within a building or structure. Distributors are beneficial when selling large quantities of fixtures.
2) Sell to a plumbing supply store
A plumbing supply store is a retail establishment that sells supplies for home improvement and repairs of buildings, such as hardware, baubles, fittings, etc., used in the installation or repair of all types of building services including potable water distribution systems (drinking water), waste removal (waste disposal) sewage systems drainage (rainwater), gas installations and related structures.
A distributor may also be called a wholesaler, although that term has grown in use to include both wholesale distributors and retailers who merely purchase products for resale without adding further value. Plumbing fixtures are objects used for draining or controlling the flow of liquid wastes from their source within a building. Many stores specific brands they prefer to sell so it is beneficial to sell fixtures that fit their needs.
3) Sell to a salvage yard
A salvage, wrecking, breaker’s, or scrapyard is a type of industrial plant where scrapped automobiles and other machinery are brought for dismantling. The salvaged material may then be sold for profit.
Salvage yards have been around since cars were first mass-produced in the early 20th century. Plumbing fixtures that no longer work can often be bought from these stores as they will break down the pieces so there is less chance it could harm someone if not properly taken apart.
In addition, many people use them as inspiration for creating new items out of old ones such as mosaics on tabletops using discarded sinks from plumbing fixtures.
4) Sell to a home improvement store
Home improvement stores are retail establishments that sell supplies for homes, such as hardware, baubles, fittings, etc., used in the installation or repair of all types of building services including potable water distribution systems (drinking water), waste removal (waste disposal) sewage systems drainage (rainwater), gas installations and related structures. It is beneficial when selling smaller quantities but one needs to make sure their fixtures fit their standards.
5) Sell online
Selling online is becoming a popular way to sell larger quantities of fixtures. The internet has created an easier and more efficient way for people to buy and sell items while staying in the comfort of their own homes.
This also creates convenience for customers who do not want to go out shopping, especially if they live far from many stores or other establishments that may provide plumbing fixtures.
Tips How to Sell Plumbing Fixtures
Here are the tips we came up with for selling plumbing fixtures.
- Be patient and wait until the right buyer comes along, but don’t let it sit too long or you might miss out on a great opportunity!
- Find buyers in places where they already are: online stores, trade shows, etc. This will be your best bet because you could find someone interested who is also ready to purchase immediately.
- “Buyers buy” so if no one’s buying then that means there’s not much demand for them at this time which may cause your prices to go down significantly. Set your price high enough so that when people do come across these items looking to re-sell them, they’ll make more than what they paid originally (but low enough so that you can sell them quickly).
- Be careful your items don’t get stolen or damaged while they’re waiting to be sold. If possible, find a location that offers storage for a fee and keep it there until the right buyer comes along. You could also offer to store their items in exchange for a reduced rate on selling yours, giving you more options on where to go from here.
When choosing where to sell plumbing fixtures, look at these tips! We hope this blog post has been helpful and answered questions about “where” and “how”. Best of luck with selling those old plumbing fixtures! Also, you might want to check our post on what PVC glue to use for pool plumbing and know how close can electrical be to plumbing.